Tri County Broadcasting
P.O. Box 366
Sauk Rapids, MN 56379
These are the rules governing all contests aired on WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG radio (Station) and on the station websites (rockin101.com, 106point5.com, uptown1010.com, 800wval.com, 660wbhr.com, thegoatwxyg.com and tricountybroadcasting.com) unless
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG contest.
2. To be eligible to win any prize on WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG: Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named. Winner can only win one time per contest.
3. Anytime you call the WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
4. As a winner of a WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won equals or exceeds $600.
7. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like) the, WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as Station awarding the prize to the winner. WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG shall be entitled to rely, in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
8. WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG contests are open to all eligible residents in the Station listening area and must be 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG that will be presented to WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG and accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG, Tri-County Broadcasting, Inc. / Herbert M. Hoppe Revocable Trust, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contests sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG, main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
9. Winners will be expected to claim prize at WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG, between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
10. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
11. WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
12. WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG and Tri-County Broadcasting Inc. / Herbert M. Hoppe Revocable Trust, assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG, TriCounty Broadcasting, Inc. / Herbert M. Hoppe Revocable Trust, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
13. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
14. WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at anytime. The judge’s decision is always final.
15. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (320)252-6200 or (320)240-0866. The person operating the telephone at WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG has the final decision as to who is the winning
16. WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG shall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond Station’s control.
17. The following are specifically related to Internet contests and the E-Mail Club promotions on WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG.
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG as defined at the exclusive discretion of WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG
c. Any problems with the internet or email are not WHMH’s, WMIN’s, WVAL’s, WBHR’s and WXYG’s responsibility.
d. Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
e. Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests may not be heard at all. Contests heard on the radio station’s internet audio stream may be slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when WHMH, WMIN, WVAL, WBHR and WXYG contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 11 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.